1.23.2012

I am SO Lucky!

Why? Well, because I figured out how to make a Valentine's Day card for a man. At least, I think I did. You see, butterflies are bugs and boys like bugs, so I figure it works. Just say'n.

I am so Lucky!


This card was initially inspired by the Cutting & Trimming Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. My Purple Cows trimmer has a guillotine side that I use most often, but it also has a rotary cutter side that I use on occasion. What I often forget, is that it has some pretty fun extra blades for that rotary side and this challenge reminded me to pop one of those suckers in! I LOVE the wavy cut details on this card!

I am so Lucky (detail)


The other cutting tool that got some action for this one is my tried and true trusty pair of Cutterbee scissors! I LOVE those things! I use them to do my detail cutting, like cutting this butterfly from the patterned paper it was stamped on.

I am so lucky (2)>


And, of course, my straight cutter did a bit of work for this one, too. It's funny how something so subtle can add SO MUCH to a card! I can't tell you how much I LOVE those wavy cuts! I'll be using that blade more often! Oh...and the patterned paper and stickers are Echo Park (*LOVE!*) and the butterfly is one of my favorites from Skipping Stones Design!

As for today...well, it's Monday. Let's make it a good one! Have a Happy Day and don't forget to smile!

Jingle out!

30 comments:

richardbreaks said...

This is so pretty! I love the butterfly on the grid paper!

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful Jingle...love the stamping on graph paper :)

Mary Pat Siehl said...

great card! you can never go wrong with a butterfly!

Annette said...

this is an awesome card...boys do like bugs...i think you got it...

wendyp said...

I think this was my first SSD stamps and still remains one of my favorites!! Fantastic card!!!

Stephanie said...

Very pretty card. But of course, I mean pretty in a very masculine, buggy sort of way! Great job!!

Connie Mercer said...

I think you did too!! Love the card Jingle!!!

Angi said...

The colors are gorgeous. :)

Danielle said...

Love the butterfly stamped on pp and the wavy cute edge! The colors are also very bold and masculine-love it!

Mary Jo Rhoda said...

Great idea!
Very masculine and great sentiment to go with it :)

PetraB said...

This is so cool.

jayne said...

very nice card -- luv the colors!

lynne said...

That man in your life will love this and he will be saying to himself, how lucky he is to have such a talented lady in his life.
Wishes
Lynne

Deb said...

it is gorgeous, perfect colour combination, love the butterfly stamp!
Debxx

Netty said...

Such a pretty card Jingle, loving the butterfly. x

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Manly yes but as a delicate lady....I would love to receive this also! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

craftattack said...

Lovely card! Valerie

Regina said...

Yeppers...ya made a great boy/male card that would be loved by a girl/woman as well. ^_^

Miriam Prantner said...

What a fun, graphic card. Love the sentiment and how it's placed.

"Boys are like bugs." So true.

Emily Leiphart said...

LOL, I don't know if the men I know would consider butterflies masculine but I love this idea! Great colours and design, Jennifer!

Diana Waite said...

:) this is just PERFECT!

2amscrapper said...

perfect masculine look to this--awesome butterfly

Johanna said...

I think it works for a man too... I think it's beautiful either way!

Marjie Kemper said...

Love the grid base on that b'fly... very cool colors/design!

Karen B. said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Margie H said...

HA! You crack me up!! Yes, a butterfly is a bug and boys like bugs! LOL!! Either way, it's a great card :)

onecraftymama said...

Definitely made me giggle - butterflies are bugs & boys like bugs indeed :) lol!
I love this phrase for a Valentine-y card, and the ribbon technique looks really cool!

Karin (PeppermintPatty) said...

And you are so lucky to be so talented! Wonderful card!

~amy~ said...

WOW...I LOVE this!!!!!!

Cath said...

Hey Jingle! Thanks for linking this up to the Cutting & Trimming Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

ShareThis