3.24.2014

Stencil Style

I was excited to see another great new challenge over at Moxie Fab World!  This one is all about the stencils!  Stencils were a funny thing for me.  I didn't think I'd use them very much, but I got one or two to give them a shot and was instantly addicted!  I love them!  You can really do so much with them and they are a fairly inexpensive took, particularly considering their versatility.  Simon Says Stamp has a huge selection to choose from, too!  YAY!

With All My Heart


For this card, I used a striped stencil and some Twinkling H2O's, a shimmery watercolor, to create a cool watercolor background.  I used a waterbrush to apply the paints and let them seep under the stencil a bit here and there.  I didn't go for 'perfect' I went more for cool and artsy and I really like how the colors blended and gave the card a neat look!

With All My Heart (detail)


In this one you can see the shimmer.  I love that!  It just adds a fun little touch to a card.  I stamped the sentiment from the Beautiful Words stamp set.  I love that set!  So pretty!  A little wood veneer heart finishes the sentiment and brings a nice natural touch to the card, as well.

So... that's my card for the Styling With Stencils in the Moxie Fab World challenge!  I may have a couple more before this one is all said and done.  I do so LOVE stencils!

Have a Happy!




11 comments:

  1. WOW this is awesome.. one of my favorites.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love it...so pretty!! I just got a couple new stencils I can't wait to play with!! after taking the OCC Stenciled, I too LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the artsy dripping and the torn paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the color choice--AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome stencil! Love how the colors are gradient, too! Beautiful card, Jingle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love how this turned out...beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. They make me happy. I am a BIG FAN of Happy. For reals, though.

ShareThis